Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let's Learn to Live Frugal

Or is it learn to live frugally? Either way...

Let's all take a moment.

What on are we spending all of our money?
(What are we spending all of our money on - sounds a little better but its ending a sentance with a preposition....right?)

Each payday I log online to see how much I got paid, or didn't get paid - whatever. I also look back over the past 2 weeks to see where I do most of the spending.

I believe Subway gets about half of my paycheck! I eat there about 4 times a week just for lunch during work. Thats not counting the times I pick it up for Daniel and I for dinner.

I also have a habit of making small purchases, such as magazines, a new shade of eyeshadow, a can of Peace Tea here and there. Now while those don't seem that bad at the time, looking back each week I can see that its where a LOT of my money goes.

So, starting this pay - I am going to try to start taking my lunch so I'm not tempted to eat from the MANY food places surrounding my work.  I am going to automatically put away a certain amount into my savings so that I'm not tempted to spend it right away. And I'm also going to be giving myself and Daniel an allowance. Not a "do your chores and you get money" kind of an allowance. Just take some money out of my checking account, give him half. And thats what we live on for the week. That way we can physically SEE whent he money is being spend and going down. Instead of just swiping my card and calling it a day.

I imagine its going to be rough at first, but will eventually pay off in the long run.  I have a goal that I'd like to save atleast $1,000 to keep just as an emergency fund.


Let's go!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment