Sarah Young's year long devotional is, so far, a good read! I am not really a devotional type of person, but I do realize that a lot of people use them. I have been reading this for a few months now. There were a few days that I would forget to read the devotional, but would just read it the next time I picked it up.
In Jesus Calling, the authors way of going about each day, is that it is written FROM Jesus to the reader. So Jesus is "calling" each day to give you a little messege. These are messeges that Sarah had received from her own quiet time. At the end of each messege, is a Bible verse that accompanies todays call. Really only takes about 5 minutes out of your day.
My first impression when I received the book was how beautiful the book actually was. I can honestly say that I was a little hesitant to read it, due to the fact that I don't have a close walk with God. But once I finally started going - it was something to look forward to. I feel like for someone like me, or someone just starting out would definitely benefit from having a devotional like this one.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review.
The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal
Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:
Post a Comment