Monday, October 18, 2010


I am super excited. I drove 3 hours on Saturday to meet the man that can ALWAYS make me cry.

No. Matter. What.

I can read one of his books and get completely sucked into the story line.
I can watch one of his movies and cry my eyes out.

I"m sure you've already figured it out.





NICHOLAS SPARKS!!

I really enjoy this man's work. Everyone at the bookstore makes fun of me for reading him. They say its the same story all the time, but with different characters, and always in North Carolina.

To them I say, in the classiest way possible, suck it.

His stories are amazing! And while they are a romance story at the core, there's so much that he puts into his characters, that no two people are alike. He enjoys writing about North Carolina because that's where he's from, that's home. And his characters, and parts of his stories, are based off of people that he knows in real life. The Notebook is pretty much the story of his mother and father in laws relationship. A Walk To Remember is based on his sisters own fight with cancer and how she found love.

There's so much more I can say about Nicholas Sparks, and his work. But then I'd be rambling on forever.

BUT... to end - here's a quote from one of his books.

"I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. "


— Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)



No comments:

Post a Comment